Monday, December 23, 2013
It can be easy to feel resentful during a study semester, especially if you are on a limited budget; other students have more money, a better apartment, go out most nights, etc. It’s often easy to want to forget the whole ‘frugal’ idea and just blow money and have fun.
Now that the semester is over and that you are surrounded by family more than classmates, take a few minutes to be thankful for the situation you are in. Specifically, be thankful for:
- a country where if post-secondary education is not free, it is accessible to you
- a country where you live long enough to attend post-secondary education, and that it is available to both women and men, people of all races, and of all sexual orientations
- parents that support you emotionally and financially
- high school teachers that prepared you to succeed in college or university
- knowing that you will be in great financial shape when you finish your studies because of your hard work and knowledge
- new classmates and friends you have made last semester
- being one semester closer to finishing!
Life is good. Enjoy the holidays.